Help on Using Browse Lists
There are 6 predefined listings that you may select to browse the
Quartery Index. From the main search screen, highlight the
list you wish to view, then select the "GO" button. Browse
lists are presented in table format, in alphbetical order, in predefined
ranges. Selecting any linked word or phrase from this screen will
take you into the full alphabetical list for the Browse List you
selected. The contents of each Browse List are described below:
- Index term: the Quartery Index is indexed
using a predefined thesaurus of terms. These terms are applied
generously to each article.
- Article title: Full article titles are listed for browsing.
- Author: Names of any of the authors (personal and corporate)
responsible for the article.
- Journal: The full list of journals can be browsed. If you select
a particular journal, a sub-list shows you the titles of the articles
in that journal.
- Broad subject: Very broad topical headings, which can
be used to perform a very thorough search. These broad subjects
are separate from the "Index Terms," though in some
cases the terms will match.
- Geographic area: This browse list provide access to periodicals
by the area to which the article has relevance. Thus, a Kenyan
publication about Nigeria, would be indexed under Nigeria but
not under Kenya.