- Merril L. Sandoval
- State of Birth:
- Home State:
- American Indian and Alaskan Native
- This interview was conducted by Veterans History Project volunteers on the National Mall in Washington, DC during the National World War II Reunion: Tribute to a Generation, May 27-30, 2004. Interviews in this group range from one minute to 25 minutes in length.
- War or Conflict
- World War, 1939-1945
- Military Status
- Dates of Service
- Branch of Service
- Marine Corps
- Unit of Service
- 2nd Marine Division; 5th Marine Division
- Location of Service
- Pacific Theater; Hawaii; Japan
- Iwo Jima, Saipan
- Highest Rank
- Prisoner of War
- Service History Note
- The veteran is a Navajo Code Talker.
- Type of Resource:
- Audio: Audio Cassette [ item] -- Oral history interview
- Audio: Audio Cassette [1 item] -- Reference copy
- Contributor Affiliation/Organization:
Library of Congress
- Collection #:
- Sandoval, Merril L.
- World War, 1939-1945--Personal Narratives
- United States. Marine Corps.
- Cite as:
- Merril L. Sandoval Collection
(AFC/2001/001/14223), Veterans History Project,
American Folklife Center, Library of Congress