- Severo K. Guerrero, Jr.
- State of Birth:
- Home State:
- War or Conflict
- World War, 1939-1945
- Military Status
- Dates of Service
- Branch of Service
- Unit of Service
- 9901st TSU-SGO Detachment, Medical Corps
- Location of Service
- Philippines; Camp Lee, Virginia; Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC; Camp Detrick, Maryland; Chicago, Illinois
- Highest Rank
- Service Related Injury
- Prisoner of War
- Service History Note
- Veteran, a United States (US) citizen by birth, resided in the Philippines during World War II. From 1941-1945, he was active as a Filipino-American Guerrilla, fighting against the Japanese Occupation. He returned to the US in mid-1945, was drafted into the US Army, then on 12/12/1945 he enlisted into the regular Army so he could pursue his medical studies at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, DC.
- Type of Resource:
- Manuscript: Creative works [1 item] --
- Manuscript: Memoirs [1 item] --
- Audio: Audio Cassette [1 item] -- Oral history interview
- Audio: CD [0 item] -- Reference copy
- Audio: CD [1 item] -- Reference copy
- Contributor Affiliation/Organization:
Freemont Junior High School
- Collection #:
- Guerrero Jr., Severo K.
- World War, 1939-1945--Personal Narratives
- United States. Army.
- Cite as:
- Severo K. Guerrero, Jr. Collection
(AFC/2001/001/10813), Veterans History Project,
American Folklife Center, Library of Congress