- Patricia L. Lala
- State of Birth:
- Home State:
- During the Vietnam War, Patricia Lala corresponded with soldiers she met through school, friends, and a letter-writing club. While married to Vince Pugliese, she became a member of the Junior Women’s Club and began writing to soldiers stationed with the 3rd Marine Division. During this time, she also began corresponding with Marines she met in Oceanside, California, the home of Camp Pendleton. Lala’s submission also includes correspondence with Ruben Yuriar, a high school acquaintance and major in the U.S. Army whom she later married. After her second divorce, she resumed the use of her birth name Lala. Her submission has been grouped and organized into three major sections: 1) Junior Women’s Club 3rd Marine Division correspondence; 2) Yuriar correspondence; and 3) Oceanside correspondence. Please refer to Collection Files 2236-2244 for collection item materials.
- War or Conflict
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975
- Military Status
- Location of Service
- United States
- Service Related Injury
- Prisoner of War
- Service History Note
- Lala participated in a letter writing project from 1967-1969.
- Type of Resource:
- Manuscript: Correspondence [23 items] --
- Photograph: Original photographic print [1 item] -- Photograph
- Collection #:
- Lala, Patricia L.
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975--Personal Narratives
- Temple City Junior Women's Club--Personal Narratives
- Cite as:
- Patricia L. Lala Collection
(AFC/2001/001/02236), Veterans History Project,
American Folklife Center, Library of Congress