- William M. McConahey, Jr.
- State of Birth:
- War or Conflict:
- World War, 1939-1945
- Dates of Service:
- Entrance into Service:
- Branch of Service:
- Unit of Service:
- 2nd Battalion, 344th Infantry Regiment, 90th Infantry Division
- Location of Service:
- France; Germany; Czechoslovakia; European Theater
- Highest Rank:
- Prisoner of War:
- Service History Note:
- After the war, veteran joined the U.S. Army Reserve and became a Colonel. Veteran was a battalion surgeon in charge of an aid station close behind the front line in Normandy. Veteran was a doctor who joined the staff of the Mayo Clinic after his war-time service.
- Type of Resource:
- Manuscript: Transcript [1 item] --Typewritten document
- Manuscript: Memoirs [2 items] --Typewritten document
- Photograph: Digital print [7 items] --Photograph
- Audio: Audio Cassette [1 item] --Oral history interview
- Manuscript: Clippings [1 item]
- Contributor Affiliation/Organization:
- Collection #:
- McConahey Jr., William M.
World War, 1939-1945--Personal Narratives
United States. Army.
- Cite as:
- William M. McConahey, Jr. Collection
(AFC/2001/001/1026), Veterans History Project,
American Folklife Center, Library of Congress