- Veteran's biographical form lists race/ethnicity as European. He was born in Kamabai, Sierra Leone. Original collection material is retained at the Institute of Historical Survey Foundation (IHSF).
- War or Conflict
- World War, 1939-1945
- Military Status
- Dates of Service
- Entrance into Service
- Branch of Service
- Army Air Forces/Corps
- Location of Service
- Shreveport, Louisiana; Dyersburg, Tennessee; Tampa, Florida
- Highest Rank
- First Lieutenant
- Service Related Injury
- Prisoner of War
- Service History Note
- Special duties/highlights/achievements include: "Flight instructor for single engine fighters."
- Type of Resource:
- Manuscript: Transcript [1 item] -- Transcription of audio recording
- Computer File: CD [1 item] -- Electronic file of interview transcript
- Contributor Affiliation/Organization:
Institute of Historical Survey Foundation
- Collection #:
- Decker, Robert J.
- World War, 1939-1945--Personal Narratives
- United States. Army Air Forces/Corps.
- Cite as:
- Robert J. Decker Collection
(AFC/2001/001/58091), Veterans History Project,
American Folklife Center, Library of Congress