Selections from the Martha Graham Collection
at the Library of Congress
Learn More About It
For further information on the life and work of Martha Graham, please consult the following sources:
- Graham, Martha. Blood Memory. New York, 1991.
- Helpern, Alice. The Technique of Martha Graham. Dobbs, Ferry, New York, 1994.
- Jowitt, Deborah. “Martha Graham,” in International Encyclopedia of Dance, vol. 3, pp. 209-222. New York, 1998.
- Leatherman, Leroy, Martha Graham: Portrait of the The Lady as an Artist. New York, 1966.
- Mcdonagh, Don. Martha Graham. New York, 1973.
- Scarry, Siobhán. “Martha Graham,” in International Dictionary of Modern Dance, pp. 324-328. Detroit, 1998.
To learn about the Martha Graham Dance Company and the Martha Graham School of Contemporary Dance, please go to:
For information on Graham’s work with sculptor Isamu Noguchi, visit: